MyPoints Promotions: ShareBuilder $50 Bonus and myFICO 30% Off
Just received these promotional offers from MyPoints.
- Open a ShareBuilder account before December 31st, 2009 with promotion code 50WCFA (the code should be entered already if you use that link) and receive $50 bonus after making $50 deposit before the deadline. Bonus will be credited 4 – 6 weeks after the deposit is made.
- Get 30% off FICO Standard from myFICO before December 30, 2009. The regular price of FICO Standard is $15.95. Now $11. Apparently, this offer is better than the 26% off deal that I reported earlier.
Basically, it’s an online shopping portal that rewards its members with points for shopping with them, just like other online shopping sites such as Ebates or UPromise. In addition to earning points from shopping with MyPoints, they also offer the so-called BonusMail to help members accumulate points if they don’t feel like shopping with them. In the BonusMail, advertisers put their ads and if I shop through the link in the email, I will receive additional bonus points. Otherwise, I can still get some points by just clicking the ads.
In addition to products and services (check out their website for details about they are offering. There are a lots, but I don’t use any of them), BonusMail also delivers surveys which pay anywhere from 30 to 100 points per qualified and completed survey. To me, though some product promotions promise a large number of points, I never bought anything through MyPoints because I am really not a big fan of rewards points. I prefer to receive rebates in cash and generally avoid using credit card that only rewards points, though in most cases the points can be redeemed for products, gift cards, or even cash. Nonetheless, whenever the BonusMail hits my mailbox, I still click the Get Points button and collect 5 points (sometime 10 points). Since I joined the program in early 2006, I have accumulated nearly 4,900 points by just clicking the ads (not all of them obviously) and delete the mail immediately. Since they usually send out multiple BonusMails every day, it’s not that hard to add up points and redeem them for a gift card. And what I feel the best of it is it doesn’t need much effort either. Just click and delete!
BTW, I mentioned a few days ago that the $50 CollegedAdvantage promotion was supposed to end on the 15th. Yesterday, I was told that the promotion has been extended 3 days to the 18th. Thus, you still have a couple of days to take advantage of it.
Update: More myFICO Coupon Codes and Promotional Codes
- myFICO May Sale – Save 20% on FICO scores & credit reports (Expiration date: N/A)
- myFICO Score Watch Free Trail (Expiration date: N/A)
- 20% off Suze Orman FICO Kit; use promo: SUZEFKP (Expiration date: N/A)
- Free FICO® Credit Score Estimator (Expiration date: N/A)
This article was originally written or modified on . If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed. Or you can also choose to have free daily updates delivered right to your inbox.