Bank Bonus Deals
Looking for incentives to open a bank account? Following are some bonus offers valid for this month (March 2009) only. All of them are for checking accounts though.
- M&T Bank is offering $100 bonus when opening a M&T Direct Checking, Classic Checking (with interest), Select Checking or Power Checking or $25 bonus for M&T Totally Free Checking or College Checking.
- You can receive a $100 bonus from Compass Bank when you open a new Build-to-Order Checking before March 31, 2009. $100 minimum balance and direct deposit are required for the bonus.
- HSBC will give you $75 if you open a HSBC Plus Checking Account ($1,500 minimum) or $25 if you open a Choice Checking Account ($500 minimum) and get a HSBC Debit MasterCard with PayPass before March 31, 2009.
- National City Bank, which is now PNC Bank, is offering a $100 gift card when opening a qualifying checking account before March 31, 2009. Requirements for the bonus include $50 minimum, direct deposit, and 10 debit card purchases in first 60 days.
- Chase has a $200 bonus offer for its business checking account till March 28, 2009. The minimum initial deposit for a qualifying checking account is $500. Account must be opened at a Chase branch office with printed coupon page in order to receive bonus (use this link to print out the coupon code).
The only savings account bonus offer I know of is from ING Direct. They have been offering $25 bonus for new accounts with a minimum $250 deposit (both savings and checking) for a long time. Though the rates are terrible (1.65% APY for savings and for 0.50% APY for checking), ING Direct itself is till a reputable bank with excellent customer service, if that’s what you are looking for
Update: Check out the latest bank & broker bonus offers, getting up $100 for opening an account.
This article was originally written or modified on . If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed. Or you can also choose to have free daily updates delivered right to your inbox.