2012 Credit Card Promotion Bonus for New Accounts
If you are looking for some incentive for a new credit card account, there are currently some promotional offers from major credit card issuers, such as Chase, Citi, American Express and Discover. Most of these bonus offers require certain spending minimum in order to qualify for the bonus, which is in the form of rewards points, frequent flyer miles or cash, but the good news is the minimums are quite reasonable and you usually have three months to reach the limit. So the bonus isn’t out of reach. Among some ongoing credit card promotions, these are especially attractive because they offer good incentive and the card itself has no annual membership fee:
- Chase Freedom Visa Card $100 bonus: Receive a $100 cash back bonus after spending $500 within the first three months. The bonus is higher than most other similar offers and the spending limit to qualify for the bonus, $500 in three months, is lower. Plus, the card has no annual fee and you can get 0% APR on balance transfer for 15 months (details);
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card 25,000 points: Receive 25,000 bonus points after the first purchase using the card, plus additional 3,000 points on every anniversary (details);
- PenFed Travel Rewards American Express Card $200 bonus: A very good travel rewards credit card from PenFed. Get 20,000 bonus points when spending at least $650 in the first three months; 5 points for every dollar spent on airfare; no annual fee; no foreign transaction fee (details);
Check out the following promotions if you are shopping for a travel card, an airline card, a gas card, or just a general rewards credit card for your everyday purchase:
- Discover Open Road Card $150 gift certificate: Get $150 Restaurant.com gift certificate with the first purchase on the card, no annual fee (details);
- Chase Ink Cash Business Card $100 bonus: Get $100 cash back after the first purchase; no annual fee (details);
- Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer Card 40,000 bonus miles: Get 25,000 miles after your first purchase with the card; an additional 5,000 miles when adding an authorized user; another 10,000 miles if spending more than $25,000 in a year; $95 annual fee waived for the first year (details);
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Rewards Card $150 gift card: Receive 15,000 ThankYou Points after spending $1,000 in the first three months, redeemable for a $150 gift card (details);
- Citi Forward Visa Card $100 gift card: Get $100 in gift card after making $650 in purchases and sign up for paperless statements within the first 3 months, no annual fee (details);
- Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card $100 bonus: Earn $100 cash back after spending $500 within the first three months of membership; no annual fee (details);
- Citi AAdvantage World MasterCard 30,000 miles: Get 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles after spending $750 in the first four months, $50 annual fee (details);
- American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card 15,000 bonus points: Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points when you spend $1,000 in the first three months; $175 annual fee waived for the first year (details);
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card $100 bonus: Receive $100 bonus after spending $500 in the first 60 days; $75 annual fee (details);
- American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Card 30,000 bonus points: Earn 10,000 bonus points after their first purchase and an additional 15,000 Bonus Starpoints after spending $5,000 in 6 months; $65 annual fee waived for the first year (details).
And in addition to these credit card promotions, there’s also a broker promotion going on right now. TradeKing is offering new brokerage account customers $100 bonus during the month of August. If you are looking to get your first brokerage account, this could be a good deal for you if you can come up with the $2,500 initial deposit.
This article was originally written or modified on . If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed. Or you can also choose to have free daily updates delivered right to your inbox.