PerkStreet Checking Account $50 Bonus
PerkStreet Financial is offering a PerkStreet Online Checking Account that allows account owners to earn cash back with their Visa Debit Card. Every time you use the debit card in non-PIN transactions, you can earn 1% cash back. Right now PerkStreet Financial is promoting the new checking account by giving each new customer who opens an account with $25 deposit a $50 bonus.
Online Checking Account
In order to receive the $50 bonus, you will have to make a deposit of at least $25 when opening the account. However, the checking account itself doesn’t have a minimum balance requirement. In addition, the free checking account also offers a free book of checks and free online banking and bill pay. The account does charge a monthly account maintenance fee of $4.50 if you don’t use your debit card even once in the month. If you use debit card more often than cash or credit card, this shouldn’t be a big problem. The monthly inactivity fee can be avoided if you do any of the following: making a transaction with your debit card, writing a check that clears the account, using online bill pay, initiating a withdrawal or making a deposit to the account.
You can also use the debit card to withdraw cash within STARsf network without paying a fee. If you use out-of-network ATMs, there will be a $2 fee for each cash withdrawal.
With the PerkStreet Financial Visa® Debit Card, you can earn 1% cash back for every dollar spent in non-PIN transactions. The cash back you earned can be redeemed for gift cards, free music or coffee. How’s how the cash back program works:
1% Cash Back
- Every $100 in non-PIN purchases earns you a dollar in perks.
- Every dollar perk you redeem gets you $1 on a PerkStreet Financial Visa Gift Card or a gift card from Target, Best Buy, Amazon.com, GAP or Ticketmaster.
- Every $100 in non-PIN purchases earns you a song.
- Every song you redeem gets you $1 in credit at iTunes, Rhapsody or Amazon.com Gift Cards for MP3s or millions of other items at Amazon.com.
- Every $200 in non-PIN purchase earns you a cup of coffee.
- Every cup you redeem gets you $2 in credit on a reloadable gift card from Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Peet’s Coffee and Tea and Bruegger’s Bagels.
About PerkStreet Financial
The PerkStreet Financial Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank. According to the FDIC, The Bankcorp Bank is established on July 28, 2000 and has been a member of FDIC since July 28, 2000 (FDIC Cert: 35444). The bank is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and operates only one branch.
The bonus offer expires on December 31, 2009 February 28, 2010. To receive the bonus, in addition to the $25 deposit, you will also keep the account active for three straight months. The bonus will be deposited into your account within 15 business days of the end of the third month.
This article was originally written or modified on . If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed. Or you can also choose to have free daily updates delivered right to your inbox.