Archive | Tax tips RSS feed for this section

Claim First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit in 2010 Tax Return

Have you purchased your first home in 2010? If so, you may be eligible to claim the first-time homebuyer credit when filing your 2010 tax return, even if you are a long-time resident purchasing a new home. In order to claim the credit, you must have been at least 18 years old on the date […]

Read more

Social Security Benefits Taxable?

If you have received Social Security benefits in 2010, they may be subject to federal income taxes when you file your 2010 tax returns. You should receive a Form SSA1099 which will show the total amount of your benefits. To determine whether or not your benefits are taxable, the IRS has issued the following guideline […]

Read more

What to Do If You Lost Your W-2 Form

Don’t panic. Even though W-2 is probably the most important document for filing your tax returns, there are handle the situation if you believe that your W-2 form was lost on its way to your residence (this makes an perfect argument to your W-2 delivered to you electronically). ┬áIf that turns out to be the […]

Read more

File Taxes after Recent Name Change

By now, you should have received your W-2s and started to prepare to file your 2010 tax returns. If you have recently changed your name due to marriage or divorce, then there are some extra steps you need to take in order to ensure that the name on your tax return matches the name registered […]

Read more

This post was last updated by on .

Page 1 of 11